Labor-pg119627673783

4 Replies
dorasard - November 28

i am 37 weeks 3cm dilated 70 percent effaced will labor start soon or it can take a while

Buffi R. - November 28

It could still take awhile, but it's hard to say. I believe you have to be 4cm dilated before most hospitals will admit you for delivery, unless you came in for a schedule induction or c-section. When you're 4cm, I guess that's when they officially consider you to be in labor. But don't let that discourage you. You're not far off.

Faye84 - November 29

I was 2 cm and 100% effaced for two weeks. The only reason why I had to go in labor was because my water broke at 38 weeks, and even still i had to be induced.

katiepoole - November 30

I was 50% effaced and wasn't dialated at all on Tues (of the week my baby was born), my water broke on Thurs morn at 2 am and was immediately induced with the highest level they could give me, had the baby at 4:54pm that afternoon.

DDT - November 30

I was not dilated AT ALL and 70% effaced when I went into labour with my ds at 39w6d pregnant. The hospital admitted me when I was 2cm dilated. It took me 12hrs to get to 4cm dilated....and if that wasn't officially being "in labour" then I am very glad I got my epi at 4cm. Those contractions I had were insanely painful. I started off with contractions 2-3 mins apart. It was tiring. Once I got my epi my contractions spread out to every 5 mins. Thankfully! 6.5 hrs after my epi I was holding my bundle. You can be 0cm dilated and still go into labour, you can be 4cm for 2wks and go over your DD...ect. Every woman is different and there is no way to tell how its going to all work out for you. GL!

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?