Perineal Massage-pg119352733187

4 Replies
name - October 27

Has anyone done this? To me, it is painful. Also, does it help if you've already given birth before? I feel pretty weird doing it.

Mzwest83 - October 30

Not sure what that is. Can you explain?

Erins Mom - October 31

I haven't done it although I've thought about it given all the studies showing it prevents tearing. I'm just so sensitive down there right now I can't even think about it. You might try having your dh or so help you with it. Then maybe you can both enjoy it and he can see what he's doing a little better and would be easier for him to get to at this point than you.

DaBonkElsMe - October 31

Studies have shown that it does indeed help prevent tearing, but studies have also shown that it could make it more difficult for that area to resume its former tightness after birth. To me kegels are a better choice as they not only help strengthen your muscles for birth, they also help with a mult_tude of problems women can experience in their older years, like incontenance.

EMMA2 - October 31

It does help with tearing and no it doesnt matter if you've given birth before all deliveries are different ...you dont know what will happen...it can only be a good thing to continue .

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
Start A New Discussion