Sleep Problems-pg114645751018

10 Replies
youshi - May 1

Correction/edited: Hi, My wife is exactly 34 weeks pregnant. We're having our first baby and she's 23 years old. Lately, she is been having serious sleep problems. It all started about 4 or 5 month ago. She got sick once, because she had lots of lime and it made her nauseous. She was very worried that it might harm the baby, so we decided to go to the nearest hospital. Doctor said it's nothing. We went back home. She couldn't sleep or even if she could, she never really had a normal sleeping schedule. She couldn’t stay asleep long. Her sleep state wasn't deep anymore. She’s never really asleep... and she's never really awake. She tells me that she somehow, while she is asleep, actually feels that she has been asleep. So we kept going to hospital for 3 nights in a row just because she felt her heart beat was high, she's dreadfully exhausted and she just couldn't sleep eventhough she is not thinking about anything to make her more anxious and her mind is clear as pure water. However different doctors told her that everything is fine, just think positively and it will go away. Just absolute nonsense. Her stupid pregnancy doctor recommended that I start taking pills and seeing a psychiatrist. She doesn’t really care about our baby or my wife. It’s good that I have enough experience with pills and all Dangerous side effects they cause in every people of our great planet. After that, her sleeping schedule went back to normal. Just recently her problem came back and since last night she hasn’t been listening to me. I keep telling her that going to hospital makes her much worse and they won't keep her for long and we have to wait for long hours to get checked out by a nurse. They're not private, and even if they were private we don't have that kind of money. She thinks she will go insane or die if this lasts for ever. What should I do to make her feel better?

youshi - May 1

Anybody?

miraclebaby - May 1

my heart beats really fast when I am over tired throughout this pregnancy. When I wake up its better, I am sure it is feeling like that, as she is over tired. My doc. said tylenoy pm or benadryal are ok to take, maybe she needs to bite her pride and take one pill before bed just a couple of nights to get on a pattern. I went on a cruise to mexico and we hit bad weather and the only thing I could take was benadryl, so I had to to prevent sea sickness. Good luck. She has to start sleeping its not healthy. Take a nap in the day to make up, thats what I do. Last night I was up till 2a.m. could not sleep and I am going for a nap right now. Good luck.

youshi - May 1

hi miraclebaby, please write me more about your condition and thanks for your advise. It's just that sometimes she's up 'till 5 am and that makes her even more worried. She thinks she's the only one with this problem. The impossibility of calming her down is what making me worse. please kindly get back to me soon.

youshi - May 1

anybody having severe sleep problems?

youshi - May 1

Is unprotected s_x fine duringthe last trimester?

youshi - May 1

Any respond?

Tess - May 1

Hi youshi! Im not an expert but I'll try my best to ans. some of your questions (that I know) I am 37wks/3days and expecting our 1st child also. Sleep problems are normal during the last tri. and specially if her due date is pretty close. About the heartbeat....every pregnant women have a pulse rate or heartbeat more than 100+ heck mine went up to 131 bpm bcoz of the extra blood flow and don't 4get we're carrying another person inside. Moving on.....unprotected s_x during the last tri. is a No. No. y? bcoz guy's s____n produces this stuff ( i forgot whats it called) that leads to severe contractions. Hope that helps...

youshi - May 1

thank u Tess. I really appreciate your kindness and genuine advice. Write me more regarding your pregnancy issues.

youshi - May 1

anything else?

Daniella - May 3

Tess, what in the h*ll are you talking about?? S_x is the best thing to do during your last trimester... just so you know, the hormone that s____n releases helps your cervix get soft (effacement) which is really needed. Ask your doctor, they will say have s_x until your water breaks or up until when you go into labor. I am 4 cm dilated, fully effaced and waiting and doctor says s_x s_x s_x... its best!!!

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
Start A New Discussion