Stripping Membranes -pg115135142118

14 Replies
ladybug - June 26

hi ladies, i'm officially 1 day over due today lol. i go to the doc tomorrow afternoon and i can hardly wait to see what he's gonna say. i know of 2 girls that had their membranes stripped and they went into labor on their own a few days later. do any of you suggest it or just let time take its slow time and have any of you had your membranes stripped does it hurt?

sophandbob - June 26

This is my first pregnancy so I don't know if it would hurt, maybe be more uncomfortable than anything else I imagine. I would maybe try the home remedies first - the s_x one sounds good to me!!

JESS1980 - June 26

Hi ladybug! In my opinion having your membranes stripped doesn't hurt. You may feel a little internal pressure, but that's about it. Of course, every woman is different.

livdea - June 26

hey ladybug! I just recently asked this question in the infant care forum...got some good responses, seems like it's a 50/50 chance of anything happening?! Check out that forum you can find my post...I think it's the same as yours "stripping membranes? HI GIRLS" might give you some insight! Good luck!

Tanna - June 26

I have never had my membranes stripped, but even just the sound of it makes me think "pain."

Mindi - June 26

I had my membranes stripped this morning. I was 3 cm dialated and it was an uncomfortable experience for me, but it didn't last that long. If I don't go into labor on my own, I am being induced this Thursday. So, I guess either way for me, I will have a baby this week. Good luck ladies....I'll let you all know if it worked.

julesnac - June 26

hi ladybug, i had my membranes stripped twice with my son (now 21 months) and it was slighly uncomfortable during the procedure. for me- it was painful afterwards because it did make the contractions stronger, but all i could feel was the back labor. it didn't make mine progress any faster really, I ended up with a c-section anyway for failure to progress / fetal distress. either way- my opinion is to try it. i don't think it makes things worse, but it could help. good luck!

kelley32 - June 27

Hi ladybug ... I had my membranes stripped with my first pregnancy at 38 weeks, due to severe swelling, and I was 1 cm dilated. It was not uncomfortable at all and I went into labor the next day ... in the end, I was so happy that he did it. Good luck!!

Mindi - June 27

Just wanted to let you know that as of yet, I have had no contractions or baby. So, it looks like the procedure didn't work for me. I guess everyone is different.

letgo0527 - June 28

Im 38w5d. I had my membranes stripped yesterday. It was a little uncomfortable for me partially because Im only 1 cm dialated. But it was more pressure than pain. You talking about people going into labor a couple days after really gives me some hope!! lol.

livdea - June 28

I talked to my dr about stripping mine yesterday at my appointment but he doesn't want to do it until I'm at least 2 centimeters dialated, he said my cervix just isn't ready yet. humpf!

Mindi - June 28

I'm sorry to hear that Livdea. I know it can be frustrating. Heck, it is even frustrating for me having the procedure done and still nothing. I guess I can last one more day until my induction. Hang in there!

livdea - June 28

Mindi! have a great great induction...if you don't go on your own first!!?? You never know! Look forward to hearing your birth story!

Brandie in Ga - June 28

With my youngest child I had my membranes stripped and 3 days later I went into labor...It was a little painful but not much...

lrodriguez83 - June 28

I had mine stripped twice by my midwife and each time was painful for me but it did not last long and once it was over all that basically happened was that I would bleed a small amount and would start to have conrtractions but that was it and I ended up with a c section because my son was stuck on my pelvis and would not drop any further. So that may be why mine did not work because there was no way he was coming naturally.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
Start A New Discussion