What Should I Do -pg113276983218

2 Replies
Danielle - November 23

I went to the doctor and I told the doctor that I thought my water was leaking and that I have been really hurting in my lower back but he didn't do anything he just told me to take some muscle relaxers and go home. What if somthing is wrong and my water is really leaking? I am 34 weeks along

Jennifer - November 23

That sounds fishy to me. Muscle relaxers? I would go to the ER at the hospital you plan to deliver at and tell them that I think my water may have broken. They will check you out and go ahead and admit you if it has. Once your water breaks it is important that you are in labor within 24 hours, otherwise infection can possible set in. Be sure to tell them the time you think it started.

water - November 23

I'm no expert, but I've read that a leakage of water can repair itself, and probably since you are already 34 weeks, he/she isn't terribly alarmed (he/she may have put you on bedrest if it had been earlier). It is important to understand that water leakage is different from the water BREAKING which is usually an unmistakable gush of warm, clear fluid. Then you need to call the doctor ASAP in fear of an impending infection. (always go with your instict though -- better safe than sorry) Anyway... I had thought my water was leaking around 34 weaks as well, and it turned out to be urine and v____al discharge. I think its a common misconception as urine leakage is common at that time. I STILL have it at 39 weeks, and I wear a panty liner most of the time.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?