Constipation Pg1239236311

2 Replies
Mrs.Neves - April 8

My daughter is 14 months old and has started drinking whole milk. Her poop is very hard. One time it was so round that it made her bleed. she screams at least once a day during one bowel movement. I cant get her to drink any type of juice or water. what advice can anyone give me.

Malica - April 9

Have you tried prunes? They are the miracle fruit as far as constipation goes. If she won't take them straight, then mix them in with her regular fruit. If it's an ongoing problem, one or two tsp with her fruit twice a day should keep her regular.

Wellis10 - April 17

Ok, if she is drinking whole milk you can put kayro surp in the milk. It can be found on the pie ile of the grocery store. Get the dark kind not the clear one. Clear one is for kids that vomit and dark is for constipation. Put about 1 tsp per 4 ozes of milk. It works very well. It is also safe on infants. You can also try pears, pears is a miracle worker. Stay away from Bananas and rice. You can also try the over the counter miralax. It is not like normal laxatives. You can give it to her 1 time a day, do not use the whole 17grams in the cap. I would just use enough to cover the bottom of the cap. Do this everyday until she is regular again. Then you can buy some benefiber and put that in her milk or juice or whatever she is drinking. That will keep her regular and soft. My son has constipation issues since hes was born. One time I had to pick it out of his but with him screaming.After several calls to the PED and alot of crying and threaten I would change docs if she did not do something she told me about miralax and that it was safe for children to age 6 months and older.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?