Transition Into Daycare-pg119403633925

2 Replies
eclipse - November 2

Liam will be starting daycare on his first birthday. I am nervous about the transition for him from being home with mommy to being in a daycare setting at this age. He is very sociable and loves other kids, but I still worry about the stage. Any advice?

SuzieQ - November 5

I started my lo at 11 mos, so I know how hard it is. I got really lucky though - my daycare providers are absolutely wonderful! I started with 1-2 hours at a time for my dd a couple of times per week for two weeks, then bumped it up to 4 times a week 3 hours at a time. She's now going 6 hours 4 days a week and seems to be having no problems adjusting. It was hard for me at first, but seeing how happy she is there really made the difference. She reaches for the daycare people now, starts smiling when she sees where we are, and loves the three other children there. the only advice I have is to give your lo extra cuddles and to spend extra time with him :) When he has an "off" day, it's easy to forget that he's adjusting too!

lady jane - November 8

my daughter started going to daycare at 2 1/2 yrs of age, at first i was nervous too, i thought she might not like being there because she was not use to it. My daughter loves other kids, so at first she was kind of quiet, but then warmed up to eveeryone within minutes. When i went to pick her up on the first day she didnt want to leave, she was having too much fun with the other kids. I say dont worry, u said Liam likes other kids and im sure he will adjust just fine, he will enjoy interacting with the other kids.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
Start A New Discussion